Pages

16 September 2013

Daily Post 7 : Dreams

When I was in SHS, my physics teacher had call me to his room after I had too long for not going into school. He asked me why, and I explain it to him.

I want to be a writer since I was a child. At that moment I haven't know exactly what kind of writer I really want. I told him that I don't want to learn any subject that have no relation with what I want. I want to learn the world, yes I want learn physic too but not like that. In Indonesia, students have to learn every subject and the government (with teachers) decide are they capable or not for going into the college.

And he said "Sometimes, you have to dream rationally. In the future you have many responsibilites; with your parents, family, and yourself."

I was kind of upset. He didn't understand. I had spend 12 years to get an "A" in every subject I never want. This is my life. I'm the one who choose how I will spend my day, week, month, year or decade. I want to write. I want to be a writer, not a physic teacher, optometrist, nor business man. I just want to be a writer. But I kept in silent, I knew he wouldn't understand so I just look down with my mouth closed.

Now, 3 years after I thinking about it again. Why when we get older, we have more things to be afraid of than when we were children? Yes we didn't have to think how to get money to pay any debts, but it is worth ? I don't want to say that finally I'm agree with what my teacher had said. But now I know why he said that.

In the end, I realise that a writer have to know about everything. How he can write good enough about a man who have a power from galaxies if he didn't learn astronomy, physics, biology and all subject related to it?

The reason why my mind leads me to remember about that moment is when one of my friend says to me "When you will chase your dreams again? You have a big dreams, a big passion, but when you will try to reach it?". Is like a slap into my face, a really hard one. Yeah, why now I'm being so passive in my own life. I do what people want me to do. I'm a sheep, I go to anywhere the other sheeps go. So lack of enthusiast in me. Am I really bruised enough so unconsciously I choose to shut up rather to speak up, what I used to be?

So, Turangga Sukandar Putra. Wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment